Re: [Banshee-List] Can't launch Banshee on Snow Leopard

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 09:33 -0800, dmorais wrote:
> A quick update on this.  It occurred to me to try an older version of Mono,
> since the download page says to use Mono 2.2 "or newer" and I was using the
> newest, 2.6.  When I installed 2.2 over 2.6, suddenly Banshee launches
> properly!  I haven't tried all the versions of Mono between 2.2 and 2.6 but
> might give it a shot later today.

I know there are issues running banshee with mono 2.4 on OSX. I don't
know what those are exactly, but it's one of the reasons why there
weren't any OSX builds with the last release.
Aaron has been working on a new way to do the OSX builds, and apparently
he's making progress :
http://twitter.com/abock/status/7163674813

> So two things:
> * First, I hope finding this is helpful to someone and that somebody can
> reproduce the problem with Mono 2.6 on a Mac and determine what the conflict
> is.
> * Second, although the basic functionality appears to work, any time I try
> to drag a track (e.g. to a playlist or Play Queue), Banshee immediately
> crashes.  Is that expected, or is there anything someone might advise to
> sort that out?  I still don't see a log file in ~/.config/banshee-1, even
> after trying a kill -s QUIT.

Running "banshee-1 --debug" from a terminal should give you some debug
output.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>