[Banshee-List] Proposal to move Banshee to libgpod

Hi all,

Recently there have been discussions on #banshee about getting Banshee to move
to libgpod from its current ipod-sharp/podsleuth usage. I am in favour of this,
if it ever takes place, since ipod-sharp/podsleuth is beginning to get rather...
dated, and doesn't really does seem behind time as there are several popular
models of iPods not supported, such as the iPhone/iPod Touch, some Nanos, among
others, and it still relies heavily on HAL, which is deprecated.

From what I hear, libgpod was not considered at the start of Banshee's iPod
support due to it being young/attempting dangerous stuff, but a considerable
amount of time has passed since then, so perhaps it would be worth a
reevaluation? I'd love to hear input from Aaron and James on this.

I understand that it will not be directly implementable currently since libgpod
is yet to sprout C# bindings, but I am sure that once the ball starts rolling,
it will be done, and that is the purpose of this e-mail. :-D

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin