[Banshee-List] Samsung Fascinate MTP Lockup

I've run into an odd problem lately that I can't figure out.

If I connect my Samsung Fascinate phone (in MTP mode) to my desktop with
Banshee closed, I get an icon for the phone on the desktop.  I can open it
just fine, and transfer files to and from the device no problem.

If Banshee is open however, I never get the icon at all, and Banshee locks
up.

If I start Banshee after I have the phone plugged in, it hangs on start, and
the icon for my device disappears until I unplug it and plug it in again.

Any ideas?

The phone is a Samsung Fascinate.  It's been rooted, but otherwise running a
stock ROM.
System is Ubuntu 10.10, running Banshee 1.8 from the PPA source.

Thanks.