Re: [Banshee-List] Droid X Support

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Steve Joiner <steve daisyhill net> wrote:
> Just posting this in case it helps anyone else. Here's how I got my Droid X
> working with banshee.
> I'm building from source (1.7.4) and I added the following to
> src/Dap/Banshee.Dap.MassStorage/Banshee.Dap.MassStorage.addin.xml:
> <MassStorageDevice class="Banshee.Dap.MassStorage.AndroidDevice"
>         vendor-name="Motorola" product-name="Motorola Droid X"
>         vendor-id="0x22b8" product-id="0x4285"/>
> right under the definition for the Droid.
> Rebuild, install, and enjoy!

Thanks for that info, Steve !

Most Android phone have two product-id values, and the one used
depends on whether some preference on the phone is enabled or not.
This preference is called something like "Debug mode" or "USB mode",
and it's usually in a group of "development" preferences.

Before I commit the change above, could you or somebody with a Droid X
try to find out if it's also the case with that phone, and what the
second value is ?
Just running "lsusb" while the phone is connected should print out the
product-id.

--
Bertrand Lorentz