Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Bug Buddy, an idea to use our community to increase the quality of bugreports

Awesome ideas, and I'm looking forward to the post on OMGUbuntu.  I've often found myself offering to report bugs for confused users who rattle off issues in places like the Ubuntu Forums and blog comments.  Often, these users are confused and frustrated or new to the world of open source software (or both). In either case, having a group of dedicated scouts to find these people and help them -- even if that means doing all of the work for them -- will probably build positive vibes toward the Banshee project and community-driven software in general. So... sign me up :)

As the Banshee bug count recently passed the 1000 mark, I was also thinking about the benefit of a group of triagers going through and following up on old bug reports, divide-and-conquer-style.  I bet there are several duplicate reports buried in there, and probably even more that are obsolete.  I'd be happy to spend a good part of a weekend going through old bug reports, if we could get a group together and a clear set of guidelines.

Also, you seem to be doing a great job of keeping up with the latest in the Banshee development world, David.  If you have some free time, maybe we could work together on getting a roadmap up on the Banshee website -- something I promised so long ago.  The html/_javascript_ framework for the information was pretty trivial to set up, and updating the content would be easy enough for me to do.  The challenge for me, now that I have a full-time job, is finding the time to keep up with the development so that I know what content to put on the list.  If you'd want to help me out, we could probably get that roadmap back up and running again.

So there's my enthusiasm toward the BBB (or BBP, as Gabriel suggested) -- I'm sure there's a lot more out there as well.  :)

Michael