Re: [Banshee-List] Last.fm still not working? - 1.7.3 upgrade did not help

Yeah, I read through the bugs, but ppl were telling it works with Rythmbox and it also works with (open source) last.fm scrobbler, so I did not see why this should'nt work with Banshee. But using your comments, I found this and it supports your what you are telling:

The Future of Last.fm Radio APIs

Last.fm has never had a public radio API, although we've tolerated third-party clients using the undocumented calls that our client uses. This is finally about to change - we're going to make a public, documented streaming API available to everyone who has an API account. There are a few limitations:

  1. Only subscribers will be allowed to stream using API applications unless you negotiate a separate deal with us - we need to get the money to cover royalties.
  2. You won't be allowed to use our API to stream to mobile phones. This is unfortunately a limitation of some of our licensing agreements. (We may make exceptions to this) [...]
Sadly, it states that free streaming is dead.

Thx for the help