Re: [Banshee-List] Muinshee 2.0?

I really like those mockups, and it would be nice to see the Muinshee spin of Banshee get some UI love.  At this point, the best way to turn these mockups into a reality would probably be this:

1.  Visually highlight the differences between your mockup and the current version of Muinshee.  Be able to explain each individual change that would need to happen, and explain why that change is an improvement.

2.  Open a separate bug/enhancement report for each of the changes.  See here for more details on that: http://banshee.fm/contribute/file-bugs/  By the time you've done step 1, filling out bug reports shouldn't take much work.

3.  If you don't get any response, it's probably because the developers are busy people... not because they don't like your mockups/ideas.  Feel free to stop into Banshee's IRC: irc://irc.gnome.org/#banshee and ask for feedback.

4.  There's a good chance that developers won't be opposed to your changes but also won't make working on those a changes a high priority.  If this is the case, you have a couple options: Bribing never hurts.  You can also appeal to the broader community by submitting your work to popular blogs like OMG!UBUNTU! or OMG!SUSE!  If you're lucky, they'll write a short blog post about your mockups, which might encourage someone from the community to start contributing these changes to Banshee (or at the very least you might find a group of people willing to help you bribe the developers).

I've used the Muinshee client off-and-on for awhile now, and your mockups really seem to suggest some good improvements.  I hope you find the support and developer enthusiasm to make this a reality -- good luck :)

Michael