[Banshee-List] debugging banshee

Hi all,

I'm trying to debug Banshee, but not being able to debug in MonoDevelop just makes matters harder.  So I've had to resort to using println statements, but these don't show up in the console or the log file.  It seems to only log from certain classes, e.g., if i add Hyena.Log.{Warning,
Information,Debug} in the following class it seems to work fine

/home/mbana/mono/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Gui.Widgets/TrackInfoDisplay.cs

elsewhere, the println statements are just ignored.  Console.WriteLine statements are also ignored.

I'm running on the console;

  $ make
  $ make run
[Info  21:45:55.651] Running Banshee 1.5.1: [git-checkout (linux-gnu, x86_64) @ 2009-09-08 21:41:17 BST]

It would be way better if we could debug in MonoDevelop.

please CC in reply.

many thanks,
- Mohamed