Re: [Banshee-List] Cannot upgrade

Try left clicking System>Administration>Software Sources>Third party software ... then you will see a list of source addresses, make sure ther is a "Checkmark" next to deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/banshee-unstable/ubuntu intrepid main. If you don't see it then add it. Then try left clicking System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager. Once Synaptic opens search for Banshee. Once you find it, the list will show your current version and the newest version. Left click the Green box next to Banshee and select "Mark for Upgrade" then left click on the "Apply" box in Synaptic.  Good luck!

From: Dr. Avery Jenkins <docaltmed sbcglobal net>
To: banshee-list gnome org
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 3:25:48 PM
Subject: [Banshee-List] Cannot upgrade

I'm using Ubuntu 8.10. Despite adding the key:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6E80C6B7

And then enabling the proper repositories:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/banshee-unstable/ubuntu
intrepid main

deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/banshee-unstable/ubuntu intrepid main

I still cannot upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.5. I have tried sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get upgrade, but no change.

I have tried "sudo apt-get purge banshee" followed by "sudo apt-get install banshee", and that didn't work either. But apparently not all was purged, as my library was there, complete, without having to rescan the Music folder.

Any suggestions?

Avery

Dr. Avery L. Jenkins
Chiropractic Physician