Re: [Banshee-List] how to search for multiple artist in a smarter smart playlist?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:15 PM, osfight.de <linux osfight de> wrote:

> where the AND connects with the first and second statement. As far as I
> understand the smart playlist, the OR refers to "match of the following
>>any<" and the AND to ">all<". But what I need is to have both separate. The
> idea would be to have another field for each criteria with the wanted
> connection (OR, AND).

As far as I know, Banshee doesn't support these nested boolean
expressions. An alternative solution, which is certainly ugly, is to
have a separate smart playlist for the OR expression, and then have
the final expression require that it be in the first playlist AND
whatever other expressions you want.

(By the way, iTunes 9 added support for nested boolean expressions.)

Jeff Wheeler