Re: [Banshee-List] UI Tweaking

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Jon Cosby <jon jcosby com> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 00:17 +0100, Jared Vann wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> This is my first ever post in a mailing list so I hope I came to the
> right place.
>

> I have been using Banshee for a while now and being a bit of a
> perfectionist I can't help but notice all the screen space wasted in
> the Banshee design (see
> pic http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2199/examplepvn.jpg).

It looks like your music library is empty. Have you played any tracks
yet? Most of that area will fill with information about the song.

> I have hardly any experience with programming so I don't know how to
> make these changes real but here is a quick mock
> up (http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8857/redesign.jpg)of what I
> think could make a much better design, especially for netbooks with
> small screen resolutions.
>

> Please let me know whether this is good or bad and achievable or not
> and if so what I can do to get the changes made if any.

It would be nice to be able to customize for a netbook. There are options in the View menu that might be helpful:

Browser on Top will move the artists and albums browsers to the top of
the main pane. This, combined with removing the Context Pane, will allow
you to compact the Banshee window considerably.

If this isn't what you have in mind, file a bug report as a "feature
request:"

http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

Jon