Re: [Banshee-List] problem with album art

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 10:11 -0600, Robert Cochran wrote:
> Hello, I am having a problem with my album art not showing up in
> Banshee. Within the root folders of albums I have placed a jpg of each
> album's cover and titled them AlbumArt. Rhythmbox instantly brings up
> the art from the jpg's and I wish Banshee would do the same. Banshee
> is obviously better than Rhythmbox or a lot of reasons but in this
> instance I have had some trouble. I am running Ubuntu 9.04. Thanks
> -Robert

When looking for cover art in the album folder, Banshee only looks for
files named as "cover", "folder" or "front" (not case sensitive).
A quick look at the Rhythmbox code shows that it's looking for "cover",
"album", "albumart", ".folder" and "folder"
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/rhythmbox/tree/plugins/artdisplay/artdisplay/LocalCoverArtSearch.py

We should probably add "album" and "albumart" to our list.

Could you file a bug about that, if there isn't any already, so that it
doesn't get forgotten ?
See http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>