Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Not Recognizing Mounted Devices with Ubuntu Karmic Koala v9.10

Thanks.  I appreciate it!

Jack Nash

CONFIDENTIAL AND LEGALLY PRIVILEGED:   All statements within this communicaton are made without prejudice to any contractual or legal rights of any parties.
Sent from Addison, TX, United States

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Daniel <nix tek12 com> wrote:

Banshee Group,

I am having issues with Banshee recognizing my mounted devices.  I am running the following hardware/software:

> Banshee v1.6.1 Beta 2 (1.5.1)
> iPOD 30G Model MA146LL Formated for Windows
> Motorola Droid hardware with Android v2.0 Firmware
> Dell Studio15 Hardware with Ubuntu Karmic Kolala v9.10 OS

My Ubuntu OS recognizes my devices, but my Banshee program does not.

Is this a known bug/issue?

Yeah, it's a known issue... I forgot the bug# maybe someone else can chime in with that... It has to do with the switch to device-kits, away from HAL. But, there does appear to be a workaround:

Basically involves start banshee, open a terminal and issue: nautilus -q Then plug in your iPod, and open nautilus from the drop down menu and mount the iPod through nautilus - Banshee then picks up the iPod.

Daniel