[Banshee-List] Upgrading Deleted All The Songs On My iPod!

Hi,

I upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.5.1 and things went smoothly. I checked my settings and they all seemed the same, so I changed nothing. I had 5 new CDs to import and that went smoothly, too. All was well until I plugged in my iPod to receive the new songs.

When I did, a progress bar appeared in the lower left corner informing me that it was deleting over 11,000 songs! I panicked and quickly ejected my iPod. When I did that the progress bar continued deleting songs, but at a quicker clip. This really confused me because my iPod was no longer attached.

Not knowing how this stuff works, I figured maybe a major upgrade such as this came along with some kind of database (or XML file or whatever) format change, so I just let it run its course. It did, the progress bar disappeared, all of my music was still listed in Banshee's "Music" window, and all of my songs were still on the external hard drive where they are stored - so I just shrugged it off.

I tried plugging in my iPod again and the same thing happened. I figured maybe the mysterious updates had to migrate over to my iPod as well, and since Banshee seemed bound and determined to delete something I just went ahead and let it. (It took a LONG time, BTW.)

When it was done it informed me that it was now adding the 50 new songs - which it did. All of my songs were still listed in the "Music" window and all of the song files were still on the external hard drive where I keep them - but my iPod now has only 50 songs on it!

I can't believe what just happened: simply upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.5.1 wiped out over 11,000 songs on my iPod!!!

Can someone please tell me what the heck just happened and how I can fix it?

Thank you,
Larry