[no subject]

In your second screenshot the first pane doesn't have curves for the
Description, Details etc like the rest of the selected stuff has (selected
song, selected sidebar item etc).
Also do we really need that much info? It should be shorter. Perhaps have
only Description expanded at first and the rest collapsed. Present the user
with the most relevant information.
That pane is also hugely wide on my tiny screen. I open some movie and
it squeezed the right playlist pane so much that I could see only 4-5
letters and the rest was truncated. The divider between the panes is also
non re sizable so I can't compensate for the bad size distribution.

The first screen looks kinda bland. Could we make it more pretty? I really
don't have an idea on how it should look but more colorful, more Web2.0
(perhaps a nice subtle background that conveys that this really is an online
archive with various materials). Also the navigation is a little weird. What
do the buttons do exactly? Just limit your search criteria? If so why the
special screen for it? Perhaps make it more youtube like (search on the top
and the results below) and the media type selection should be integrated in
that (perhaps a drop down button (like shuffle) but embedded in the (or left
of) the search field. I think that having a special window just for the
media types breaks the search functionality. Perhaps something
like Google would be better: search and the most relevant results are shown
with media types mixed in.

And what happened with the youtube plugin? I know that somebody was working
on it. That would really cement Banshee as THE media player on Gnome. We
could have cool things like links to youtube videos (like songbird has).
That is of course once you add library watching ;)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 2:49 AM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> A couple things landed in master recently that I'd appreciate extra
> help testing:
>
> First is proper support for podcasts on iPods - they should now be
> placed in the Podcasts section when synced.  This change in master
> depends on the just-released ipod-sharp 0.8.4 (or trunk):
> http://download.banshee-project.org/ipod-sharp/0.8.4/
>
> Second is the Internet Archive extension.  It lets you search
> archive.org's vast collection of media, and lets you stream items.  I
> was/am pondering the best user experience for this (possible ideas
> include playlists, saved searches, downloading items to one of your
> Libraries, etc), and would appreciate feedback.  Here are a couple
> screenshots:
> http://banshee-project.org/~gburt/banshee-ia1.png
> http://banshee-project.org/~gburt/banshee-ia2.png
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gabriel

--001517402ba8738172047808c6c9

your second screenshot the first pane doesn&#39;t have curves for the Descr=
iption, Details etc like the rest of the selected stuff has (selected song,=
 selected sidebar item etc).</div>
ave only=A0Description expanded at first and the rest collapsed. Present th=
e user with the most relevant information.</div><div>That pane is also huge=
ly wide on my tiny screen. I open some movie and it=A0squeezed the right pl=
aylist pane so much that I could see only 4-5 letters and the rest was trun=
cated. The divider between the panes is also non=A0re sizable=A0so I can&#3=
9;t=A0compensate=A0for the bad size distribution.</div>
re pretty? I really don&#39;t have an idea on how it should look but more c=
olorful, more Web2.0 (perhaps a nice subtle background that=A0conveys=A0tha=
t this really is an online archive with various materials). Also the naviga=
tion is a little weird. What do the buttons do exactly? Just limit your sea=
rch criteria? If so why the special screen for it? Perhaps make it more you=
tube like (search on the top and the results below) and the media type sele=
ction should be integrated in that (perhaps a drop down button (like shuffl=
e) but=A0embedded=A0in the (or left of) the search field. I think that havi=
ng a special window just for the media types breaks the search functionalit=
y. Perhaps something like=A0Google=A0would be better: search and the most r=
elevant results are shown with media types mixed in.</div>
somebody was working on it. That would really cement Banshee as THE media p=
layer on Gnome. We could have cool things like links to youtube videos (lik=
e songbird has). That is of course once you add library watching ;)</div>
 at 2:49 AM, Gabriel Burt <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gabriel.b=
urt gmail com" target=3D"_blank">gabriel burt gmail com</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br>

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hey all,<br>
A couple things landed in master recently that I&#39;d appreciate extra<br>
help testing:<br>
First is proper support for podcasts on iPods - they should now be<br>
placed in the Podcasts section when synced. =A0This change in master<br>
depends on the just-released ipod-sharp 0.8.4 (or trunk):<br>
"_blank">http://download.banshee-project.org/ipod-sharp/0.8.4/</a><br>
Second is the Internet Archive extension. =A0It lets you search<br>
 collection of media, and lets you stream items. =A0I<br>
was/am pondering the best user experience for this (possible ideas<br>
include playlists, saved searches, downloading items to one of your<br>
Libraries, etc), and would appreciate feedback. =A0Here are a couple<br>
screenshots:<br>
ank">http://banshee-project.org/~gburt/banshee-ia1.png</a><br>
ank">http://banshee-project.org/~gburt/banshee-ia2.png</a><br>
Thanks!<br>