Re: [Banshee-List] Device support for T-Mobile Pulse (Huawei 8220)

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:57 AM, steev182 <stevie mulcahy gmail com> wrote:

> Would it be possible to get support for the new T-Mobile Pulse? I just bought
> it to replace my iPhone (it runs Android) and I was hoping it would just
> work like how my sister's Samsung Galaxy did when I tried it.
>
> If you just need a USB ID, my output of lsusb contains this:
>
> Bus 001 Device 008: ID 12d1:1501 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
>
> If anything else is needed, just let me know and I can find it for you. It'd
> be awesome if this can work though :D

We have a system for adding vendor/product ids to recognize as Android
devices, which is ok.  But it would be better if there was a generic
way of recognizing Android devices, either by the USB information they
expose via HAL (or devicekit-disks) or by their filesystem layout.

Can you run "hal-device | grep -i android" and see if it returns
anything?  For my G1 dev phone, I have

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_serial_HTC_Android_Phone_HT851N003062_0_0'
info.product = 'Android Phone'
storage.model = 'Android Phone'

and more.  We could just look for Android in any of those fields.

Gabriel