Re: [Banshee-List] Developers: Gearing up for 1.5.0

Gabriel Burt wrote:
Why are you wanting to keep the db format the same between 1.4 and
1.5?  We have a bunch of migrations already from 1.4 to master, and if
a user then goes and uses that db with 1.4 (eg say they import new
songs), things will be in a weird state because when the then run 1.5
again, it won't run the migrations again.
Maybe I'm on the extreme end of things most of the time but to me there seem to be 2 solutions to this: - break database compatibility between 1.4 and 1.5 - which should also have a bump in database revision so that possibly a 1.4 client refuses to open a 1.5 database
or
- insert a "last client revision" database field which, when set to e.g. 1.4 runs migrations again

Don't know whether the use case justifies the latter effort...
jm2c