[Banshee-List] 'notify-sharp' window pops up on song change?

Hi there!

I compiled the current Banshee version from source to install a patch (add
genre browser). Except for specifying --disable-ipod I didn't make any
changes to the configuration.

Now, whenever one song finishes and another song starts a dialog window with
the title 'notify-sharp' pops up. It says "Now playing / *track* / *artist*"
and I can choose between 'Skip this item', 'Cancel' and 'Ok'.
The message does not pop up when I manually select another song in the
library, but only when I use the previous/next button or when Banshee
automatically goes to the next song after one song has finished.
I always get notifications through the Ubuntu notification system, even when
I manually select a song. (Not sure if that's related).

I would like to get rid of the 'notify-sharp' window, as it is quite
annoying and has no use for me.
I did not have the window popping up when I used the official Banshee
package before. It's only since I compiled myself.

How can I switch of the notifications?

thanks for your help!
malte