Re: [Banshee-List] SIGSEGV when listening to a specific song...

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 12:18 -0700, s0l1dsnak3123 wrote:
> Hi there, I'm new to mailing lists so please play nice if I've done something
> wrong in the process of submitting my problem/bug =).
>
> When listening to a specific song - "Krackatoa" by Jean "Baudin" from the
> album Solace, I get a "SIGSEGV" error (when run from the terminal). Here is
> what I can see from the terminal when the bug ocurrs:
>
> http://codepad.org/umbj72m9 http://codepad.org/umbj72m9
>

> Ps. I know that this bug would probably not be re-producible without my copy
> of the song (because of encoding and such). Can I upload the mp3 file for
> you guys to replicate the bug with?

Before that, we need to figure out if the problem is with banshee or
with gstreamer, the library banshee uses to play media files.
Could you try to play the file with another gstreamer-based player, like
totem ?
You could also try to play it directly from the command line :

gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///full/path/to/file.mp3

If this crashes, please file a bug on gstreamer :
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

If it only crashes with banshee, please file a bug on banshee :
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

Thanks,

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>