[Banshee-List] Seems like Banshee ruined my iPod...

So I switched to Linux.

The only thing I kind of missed was iTunes but I had faith in the good
people of the open source community so I tried Banshee.

I plugged my iPod Classic 6th Generation 120 Gb in. Banshee told me that the
device had to be rebuilt in order to work properly with other programs than
iTunes. OK - I thought, so I went ahead.

It went well, I only lost all my album art and playlists from iTunes,
everything was still there and working properly.

However, I still had all my music on my computer and I didn't feel like
messing things up by duplicating every single song by synchronizing the ipod
with my library on Banshee so I deleted all the music from my iPod (the
music I once added with iTunes). Then I synchronized the iPod with Banshee.

At first it looked as if it went fine, all the music was there according to
Banshee. But when i unplugged the iPod and took a look in the menues I
apparently only had 20 songs... which seemed very odd since I was very sure
that I syncronized as many as 5041 songs!

So I plugged it back in and went back to Banshee, and now I apparently had
15 Gb of "other" files, and of course these damn 20 songs.

I tried to get rid of those other files in every possible way, using every
possible program om Linux but just couldn't access them. So I digged up my
family tomb to get this old laptop with windows and a very scary poltergeist
to rebuild my ipod with iTunes and get rid of all the shit I now apparently
had on it.

But that failed, iTunes said it couldn't restore the iPod because it had
files on it from other programs.

To summon the whole story; I cannot synchronize properly with Banshee and I
have no idea how to get rid of all these "other" files. If anybody has any
idea about how to fix this don't hesitate to tell me!