Re: [Banshee-List] CD metadata

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Wade Menard <wade ezri org> wrote:

> On May 6, 2009, at 1:51 AM, trondhuso <tr-huso online no> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:22 AM, trondhuso <tr-huso online no> wrote:
>>>
>> SoundJuicer uses MusicBrainz just like Banshee.
>>

> Soundjuicer will also fall back to freedb if the discid is not found in mb.
> There are pros and cons to this regarding musicbrainz but I do like how it
> indicates it not being matched in mb to the user. I just dont know what more
> can be done to evangelize and get more users to take the time to submit the
> discid to mb.

I've gone through the process a couple of times using the link from
sound-juicer, but the musicbrainz submission process is about as
opaque as it gets. The site is horribly designed, and if it's hard for
me to figure out what buttons or links to click on next, I can't
imagine what casual users see when they try the same thing.