Re: [Banshee-List] copy music library from open suse 10.3 to 11.1

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 09:15:35PM -0700, statone wrote:
> How do I bring my music from open suse 10.3 to 11.1, please?

Do you mean 10.3 as "the present as standard "0.12 version of Banshee")
or did you already at some time upgrade it to a newer version (it
can be found in the repo:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Banshee/openSUSE_10.3

I've been using the "new" Banshee under 10.3 since the 0.98 (1.0-Alpha)
release and my database has been following me ever through all the
updates since then.
But anyway, the "pre 0.98" database was in the .config/banshee
subdir (under your home) and the new one is in .config/banshee-1
(the idea was that then both versions could co-exist).
Both are SQlite database files, the music (mp3 or whatever) files
themselves are stored separately - in my case NOT under my home
dir as I will run into quota problems then.
So as they're stored locally a rescan in my use isn't all that
hard to do.

The format HAS changed quite a bit and I don't remember anymore
if it "converted" the 0.12 database, or if I just rescanned all
my music files at that time - it wasn't all that much then (
more then a year ago).
--