[Banshee-List] Sync Has Left My iPod Classic Useless

I recently synced a song onto my iPod Classic using Banshee 1.2.1.  Now, I
can't access the song, or any other songs and videos I had on the iPod prior
to the sync (the Music & Video menus indicate "No Music/Videos").  When I
plug the iPod into my computer, Banshee recognizes it and shows my music and
videos as being intact.  So, now I have to tether my iPod to my computer if
I want to use any of the content on the iPod.  My computer is running Ubuntu
8.10.  Is this a known bug?  I haven't been able to find any info on this
"condition."