Re: [Banshee-List] Remuco 0.8 release announcement

2009/3/26 Chow Loong Jin <hyperair gmail com>:
> On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 01:31 +0100, Oben Sonne wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce release 0.8 of Remuco, a tool to remotely control
>> Banshee via Bluetooth or WiFi on J2ME cell phones.
>>
>> New features include enhanced playback control, cover art art support
>> and track progress display on the mobile device.
>>
>> See http://remuco.sourceforge.net/ for more information.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Oben
> Hey Oben,
>
> This looks like a wonderful application, and I'd like to package it for
> Debian and Ubuntu. I noticed your code is licensed under GPL-3, and
> that's all well and good, but you don't seem to have included the
> sources for the .jar files. As such, as per Debian Free Software
> Guidelines (DFSG) policy, these binaries have to be removed from the
> tarball (we generally upload DFSG clean tarballs instead of the pristine
> upstream tarballs in this case).
>
> However, unless I'm mistaken, remuco without the client is pretty
> useless. Could you perhaps include a tarball with the sources of
> this .jar file, and perhaps some sort of build system (Makefile?) to
> generate this .jar?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Chow Loong Jin

Hey Chow,

sounds good, thanks for the contribution.

You're right, without the client the whole system is useless. The
complete source code is available in an SVN repository:
https://remuco.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/remuco/tags/0.8.0/ . The
client binaries are built using ant - some instructions can be found
at the top of the file client/build.xml.

Concerning the packaging guide lines, is a release specific SVN URL
sufficient or do you require an explicit source package?

Oben