Re: [Banshee-List] Remuco 0.8 release announcement

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 01:31 +0100, Oben Sonne wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm happy to announce release 0.8 of Remuco, a tool to remotely control
> Banshee via Bluetooth or WiFi on J2ME cell phones.
>
> New features include enhanced playback control, cover art art support
> and track progress display on the mobile device.
>
> See http://remuco.sourceforge.net/ for more information.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Oben
Hey Oben,

This looks like a wonderful application, and I'd like to package it for
Debian and Ubuntu. I noticed your code is licensed under GPL-3, and
that's all well and good, but you don't seem to have included the
sources for the .jar files. As such, as per Debian Free Software
Guidelines (DFSG) policy, these binaries have to be removed from the
tarball (we generally upload DFSG clean tarballs instead of the pristine
upstream tarballs in this case).

However, unless I'm mistaken, remuco without the client is pretty
useless. Could you perhaps include a tarball with the sources of
this .jar file, and perhaps some sort of build system (Makefile?) to
generate this .jar?

Thanks.
--
Chow Loong Jin