Re: [Banshee-List] show / hide left window pane

2009/3/11 Neil Loknath <neil loknath gmail com>:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:53 AM, rpcutts <rpcutts gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to hide the window on the left edge containing Now Playing,
>> Play Queue, et cetera. It's annoying to have it there all the time.
>>
>> Can't seem to find it in the view menu and it seems to have a minimum
>> width
>> so I can't shrink it.
>>
>> I like the look of Banshee and if this is possible (and when you can
>> filter
>> the browser to Album artist only) then I'll probably switch to it.
>> --
>
> AFAIK, you can't hide the sources view.  One thing you can do that might
> create more space for you is go to the view menu and select "Browser On
> Top." You could also unt

Right, you can't hide it atm.  I think Aaron and I (and maybe others)
have talked about a View-menu option for getting rid of the sidebar
and instead having a dropdown to switch sources (ala Minimode).

> I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by "...and when you can filter
> the browser to Album artist only?"

He's referring to the planned/upcoming support for customizable
browser filters that will let you choose, among other things, to
filter on Album Artist instead of the current Track Artist filter.

Gabriel