Re: [Banshee-List] encode HTC G1 sync to ogg

On 03/10/2009 01:10 PM, fahadayaz wrote:
Hey,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to sync to my g1 using ogg
files.  I find them more appropriate to use since the phone natively
supports the format.

So i would sync all my tracks to my G1, before being copied, it is encoded
to the ogg format.
Is there a way to implement this?

Banshee will re-encode tracks only if it needs to. It knows what formats the G1 supports, and will re-encode any tracks not in one of those formats. If you want to re-encode all MP3s to ogg vorbis even though the G1 supports MP3s, you will only end up with inferior sound quality because of the re-encoding process.

I do not know any simple way to force all tracks you copy to the G1 to re-encode as ogg vorbis (unnecessarily).

I'd say the best solution is to use ogg vorbis in your library, then it will copy over in that format. :-)

Best,
Sandy