Re: [Banshee-List] ANNOUNCE: Mirage 0.5.0 released

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Dominik Schnitzer
> <dominik schnitzer ofai at> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are happy to release version 0.5 of the Banshee Mirage extension.
>> This version works with the latest stable Banshee releases (1.4).
[...]
> Do you think moving Mirage (or at least the Banshee-specific parts of
> it) into Banshee svn (soon to be git) would be a good idea?

Hi Gabriel,

I think integrating Mirage more tightly in Banshee could lead to new
innovative ideas besides "just" automatic playlist generation, which I
think would be great!

It would be fine for me to move the Banshee-specific parts into
Banshee, but maintain the Music-Similarity-Processing library
separately (under the GPL license). That means it's also ok (at least
for me, Bertrand?) to relicense the Banshee-specific stuff under the
permissive Banshee license.

greetings,
domi.
--
DI Dominik Schnitzer
Austrian Research Inst. for Artificial Intelligence