Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee No Longer Works

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 13:52 -0800, Throne777 wrote:
> I was running Banshee fine on Ubuntu 8.10 (x64) and then one day, without
> warning, it crashes every time when I try to run it. The window pops up
> (though virtually blank), consumes 50% of my processor and does nothing. I
> force quit the program yet it remains hogging my CPU until I quit it from
> the system monitor. I've re-installed it and even completely removed it then
> re-installed. Same problem everytime. When I run it via the terminal it
> gives no error messages.
> What gives?

You'll need to run it with 'banshee-1 --debug'. Also, reinstalling most
desktop applications do not fix issues, since settings are not global,
but in your home folder. If you suspect it is an issue with the
settings, dig out the settings directory and delete it. In Banshee's
case, ~/.config/banshee-1. Either way, before you do this, please run
Banshee with --debug as posted above, and post your output here.
--
Chow Loong Jin