Re: [Banshee-List] Running Multiple session

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 15:30 +0100, Ion Gonzalez Ceballos wrote:
> I´m not sure if this would work but..... use 2 users and clone banshee
> database?
>
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Chris Howie <cdhowie gmail com> wrote:
>         2009/3/1 payu <payu mit edu>:
>
>         > We would like to run multiple sessions of Banshee for the
>         same user on
>         > different computers accessing a library stored on a network
>         drive. However
>         > when we run a second instance we get an error saying that
>         the database is
>         > locked. Is there anyway of getting around this?
>

>         Use multiple copies of the library?  I'm not sure if there is
>         another
>         way to do this.  I would love the option to make Banshee open
>         the
>         library read-only but I don't think anyone is working on this.

Opening the library read-only is currently not feasible : banshee uses
the database for caching, so it needs write access for that.

Each banshee instance needs its own database file, but I guess they can
access the same media files.
You can tell banshee to use a different database file than the one at
the default location :
banshee-1 --db=/path/to/banshee.db

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>