Re: [Banshee-List] 1.5.0 in PPA?

On Thursday 25,June,2009 06:22 AM, dmbanshee wrote:
> Hi, I tried doing that, and loading up the PPA into sources, even did the
> security key thing as well but when I do apt-get update I keep getting this
> response...........
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://launchpad.net/banshee-unstable-team/ppa/ubuntu/dists/hardy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> 301 Moved Permanently
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://launchpad.net/banshee-unstable-team/ppa/ubuntu/dists/hardy/main/source/Sources.gz
> 301 Moved Permanently
>
> I also tried changing the Hardy to Jaunty with the same result. Does anyone
> have any ideas about this? I am new to Linux as I have said, so I am doing
> something wrong, I just can't figure what.

Could you attach the your /etc/apt/sources.list file here please? You
probably got the sources.list entries wrong. Did you copy them verbatim
from the PPA site[1]?

Also, Hardy (8.04) is a rather old, albeit still supported, version of
Ubuntu. I can't seem to get Banshee to build for anything Intrepid
(8.10) or lower, so you'll have to upgrade if you want to use those
packages.

For anyone reading this who'd like to figure out what the error is,
here's the build log:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/27487230/buildlog_ubuntu-intrepid-amd64.banshee_1.5.0-0ubuntu1~hyper2~intrepid1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

[1] https://launchpad.net/~banshee-unstable-team/+archive/ppa
--