[Banshee-List] Request for developer information

Bonjour,

As a developer of an application for talking digital books (please see http://talkingdocs.org ) I am less and less satisfied with the delopment tools presently used. I therefore want to start a Linux version. What I need is an audio player (mp2, mp3; wmv, .... ) and a programming interface with a few simple functions, specified below.

I wonder whether Banshee could be a good choice. I would appreciate suggestions as to the player and also as to suitable low-cost Linux development tools. (I did lots of Unix development work in the 80's and 90's, using 4GL's and C). Thanks in advance for your kind replies!

Fred Worms

Start playing file X at beginning
Start playing file X at time T in msecs
Get current time of file X that is playing
Get duration in msecs for file X that is playing
Pause, resume and stop playing.