[Banshee-List] Re playgain - selecting between track and album

I have searched, but couldn't see this query answered.

My music library is all flac with replaygain tags created using foobar2000 -
this generates both album and track information. Not an issue when using
foobar because there is a selectable parameter to determine which is used.
Within the selectable options for Banshee (latest version installed last
week) replaygain can be selected, but not apparently the type of gain. From
playing an album where there is a wide variation between the album and track
gain for some tracks (ELP's Pictures at an Exhibition), it seems that track
gain is used as the default. Is it possible to configure Banshee so that it
will use album gain instead? Re-tagging the music (to remove the track gain
info) is not something I want to do.

I also noticed that it takes a couple of seconds into a track before the new
gain is applied, so track 3 of Pictures at an Exhibition starts very quietly
(as it should), then the volume ramps up, track 4 starts off very loud and
then drops to the appropriate track gain. That isn't how I would have
expected it to work, even if I'd wanted track gain!

Thanks in advance.