From: Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org>
Date: Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Subject: Banshee IRC Meeting Minutes
To: banshee-list gnome org

Here are my meeting minutes from our meeting in IRC today.  If I summarized anything incorrectly, or missed anything, please let me know.  Aaron - please double check the release schedule at the bottom to make sure I got it right, I was a bit confused by the end of the meeting.

Also attached please find the IRC log (Thanks Gabriel).  Sorry about the formatting, looks better in a wiki than email!

Thanks.

Paul

Banshee Meeting 20JUL2009

Features

1. BGO 565767 - Auto-DJ - #1 Priority for 1.6
2. BGO 559013  - Importing UI - has two blockers 441093 and 532650 - #2 priority
•  alexkay offered to update all 3 patches if given how the dialogue should work
3. BGO 408204 - Sync from playlists - #3 Priority
• gabaug: Code is 80% done already (BGO 408204)
• Does not affect how syncing works today, just adds a new option
• gabaug to fix it up, few days of work, as it was never completed
4. BGO 489861 - Importing wider range of tokens - abock to test  -#4 Priority
5. Misc features:
• BGO 389550: Sync song ratings - to be looked at further to define - requires db changes, which come under more scrutiny than other patches
• BGO 385965: inotify watch - nice to have, not blocker for 1.6
• Docs - need to file feature enhancement in BGO.  Docs for 1.6 should include basic functionality including adding media, removing media, syncing, burning, editing metadata, etc
∘ Dependency on GNOME 2.27 / 2.28 for Mallard (gnome-doc-utils and yelp)
∘ Paul to send an email to the list about how to build / test docs
    • BGO 532650 - ratings in metadata

Out of scope:
• 440952 - Support gapless playback
• Bug 540753 - Change UI to allow browser filters - out of scope for 1.6, too big a change / very complex to get right (top goal for 1.8 with Gstreamer 1.0)
• BGO 563630 - Smart Playlists (split file location) - targeted for 1.8
• a11y - Targeted for 1.7/1.8 - too much uncertainty with atk-sharp / glib-sharp changes

Microsoft Windows Update (gabaug)
• 8 steps to build it: http://banshee-project.org/download/development/#windows
• Fairly easy to build it, but known bugs
• (abock) Banshee 1.6 will be released cross-platform on Windows in addition to Linux & Mac
• Discourage the use of SharpDevelop and VisualStudio due to mangling of csproj files (Developers are encouraged to use MonoDevelop)
∘ Need to look into MSBuild for building the installer / release
• Binaries needed to build on Windows need to be added gnome.org git from gitorious (http://gitorious.org/banshee/windows-binaries)
∘ abock to look into finding a place to the binary deps and test the Windows build process

Schedule / Milestones
• 1.5.1 to released by July 27th
∘ All string changes need to be committed this week for 1.5.1
• 1.5.2 to be released by Aug 17th, including a Windows beta release
• 1.5.3 to be released one week later, Aug 24th
• 1.6 on Aug. 31st