Re: [Banshee-List] building on Windows

I downloaded and tested, first I had problems compiling. You have to install
the Mono libraries for .NET as well, which you can find at the MonoDevelop
site at the Windows section.

Nereid did comile and run, but then I got this exception:

An unhandled exception was thrown: Kan DLL libbanshee.dll niet laden: Kan
opgegeven procedure niet vinden. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

   bij Banshee.GStreamer.PlayerEngine.bp_new()

   bij Banshee.GStreamer.PlayerEngine..ctor() in
E:\banshee\src\Backends\Banshee.GStreamer\Banshee.GStreamer\PlayerEngine.cs:regel
119
Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt.

   bij System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean
publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle&
ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

   bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
fillCache)

   bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

   bij System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

   bij System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)

   bij Mono.Addins.TypeExtensionNode.CreateInstance()

   bij Mono.Addins.InstanceExtensionNode.CreateInstance(Type expectedType)

   bij Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEngineService.LoadEngine(TypeExtensionNode
node) in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.Services\Banshee.MediaEngine\PlayerEngineService.cs:regel
147

   bij
Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEngineService.Banshee.ServiceStack.IInitializeService.Initialize()
in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.Services\Banshee.MediaEngine\PlayerEngineService.cs:regel
93

   bij Banshee.ServiceStack.ServiceManager.RegisterService(Type type) in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.Services\Banshee.ServiceStack\ServiceManager.cs:regel
177

   bij Banshee.ServiceStack.ServiceManager.Run() in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.Services\Banshee.ServiceStack\ServiceManager.cs:regel
129

   bij Banshee.ServiceStack.Application.Run() in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.Services\Banshee.ServiceStack\Application.cs:regel
90

   bij Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Initialize(Boolean registerCommonServices)
in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.ThickClient\Banshee.Gui\GtkBaseClient.cs:regel
135

   bij Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient..ctor(Boolean initializeDefault, String
defaultIconName) in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.ThickClient\Banshee.Gui\GtkBaseClient.cs:regel
87

   bij Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient..ctor() in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.ThickClient\Banshee.Gui\GtkBaseClient.cs:regel
79

   bij Nereid.Client..ctor()
Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt.

   bij System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean
publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle&
ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

   bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
fillCache)

   bij System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

   bij System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

   bij System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)

   bij Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Startup() in
E:\banshee\src\Core\Banshee.ThickClient\Banshee.Gui\GtkBaseClient.cs:regel
74

   bij Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup(StartupInvocationHandler startup)
in E:\banshee\src\Libraries\Hyena.Gui\Hyena.Gui\CleanRoomStartup.cs:regel 54

.NET Version: 2.0.50727.3074
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

Assembly Version Information:

mscorlib (2.0.0.0)
Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities (9.0.0.0)
System.Windows.Forms (2.0.0.0)
System (2.0.0.0)
System.Drawing (2.0.0.0)
Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync (9.0.0.0)
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime (9.0.0.0)
vshost32 (9.0.0.0)
mscorlib.resources (2.0.0.0)
atk-sharp (2.12.0.0)
gdk-sharp (2.12.0.0)
glib-sharp (2.12.0.0)
gtk-sharp (2.12.0.0)
Mono.Posix (2.0.0.0)
pango-sharp (2.12.0.0)
Nereid (0.0.0.0)
Banshee.ThickClient (0.0.0.0)
Banshee.Services (0.0.0.0)
Banshee.Core (0.0.0.0)
Hyena (0.0.0.0)
Hyena.Gui (0.0.0.0)
Mono.Addins (0.4.0.0)
System.Xml (2.0.0.0)
NDesk.DBus (1.0.0.0)
NDesk.DBus.GLib (1.0.0.0)
Mono.Data.Sqlite (0.0.0.0)
System.Data (2.0.0.0)
System.Transactions (2.0.0.0)
System.Core (3.5.0.0)
System.Configuration (2.0.0.0)
System.EnterpriseServices (2.0.0.0)
Banshee.GStreamer (0.0.0.0)

It basically means it can't find libbanshee.dll. That's right, because VS
couldn't load it because it didn't recognise .cproj. I opened the .sln in
the libbanshee folder, but I couldn't build it because I don't have
gstreamer (could not include gst/gst.h). It also fails to include config.h
but I could swith it off with the preprocessor. Then it also misses glib and
more gst.