Re: [Banshee-List] update music library

2009/1/30 Chow Loong Jin <hyperair gmail com>
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 13:41 -0300, Paul Lange wrote:
> ps. I already tried to do a "library rescan" but it imports many songs
> again (I think because I updated their metadata before there was an
> option to write metadata into files.). So I'd like to do it on an other
> way, if possible.

I've no idea why that happens, but to solve it, Tools->Rescan Music
Library.

I think Paul tried that, if I understand him right.

Paul, what may have happened was that Banshee read some of the tracks as being in "the Library", i.e. your base folder under which all music resides. It also keeps track of "imported" music outside of that too, but wouldn't change the location if your library changed.* So I wonder if Banshee got confused and isn't treating everything as being part of the Library for some reason.

Either way, probably your best bet would be to rescan the library, let it import what it will and then use the Location column (add it by right-clicking on the column headers in the track list) to find the tracks that don't have the right path. You could even create a smart playlist to look just for that path and remove them all that way. Of course, that'd reset things like the play count or the ratings, but I can't think of a better solution offhand.

* You did change the Library location in Edit | Preferences, right?

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net