Re: [Banshee-List] Documentation for .is_audio_file

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 18:05 -0500, Darin Ohashi wrote:
> I'm resending this because I was lazy last night and composed the
> original email by replying to an email.   Doing that caused
> it to be attached to that thread.  Sorry about that.
>
> Is there any documentation for the .is_audio_player file?  It looks
> like there used to information stored in the wiki, but since the wiki
> is down, it is unavailable.
>
> http://wiki.banshee-project.org/Guide/DAPs/MassStorageDevices
>
> I found someone else's .is_audio_player file for the D2:
>
> audio_folders=MUSIC/,RECORD/
> folder_depth=2
> output_formats=audio/ogg,audio/x-ms-wma,audio/mpeg,audio/wav,audio/flac,audio/mp3
>
> This seems to work, but are there more options?  In particular is there
> a way to get album art to be copied over?  Someone mentioned playlist
> related options as well.

Here's the complete list of available options, taken from the banshee
source code. I tried to explain what they mean.

name : The device name that will appear in banshee

cover_art_file_type : The type of image supported by the device, such as
jpeg, png, tiff, ico or bmp.

cover_art_file_name : The filename expected by the device for the cover
art image.

cover_art_size : The size of the cover art image, in pixels. The image
is a square, so it's only one number.

folder_depth : The maximum foler depth supported by the device. Do not
set it if the device has no limitation.

audio_folders : The list of folders where music files are stored on the
device. Banshee will copy tracks to the first folder in that list.

output_formats : The list of file types supported by the device, as MIME
types.

playlist_format : The list of playlist formats supported by the device,
as MIME types.

playlist_path : The folder containing playlists files on the device. If
not set, banshee will copy playlists to the same folder where it copies
tracks.

Items in a list are separated by a comma.

As an example, here's the content of the .is_audio_player for my Sansa
e280 :

audio_folders=music/
output_formats=application/ogg,audio/mpeg
cover_art_file_type=bmp
cover_art_file_name=cover.bmp
cover_art_size=100

Feel to improve on that description or to publish it in any way you see
fit. But you probably won't sell a lot of T-shirts with that ;)

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>