Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee crashed, won't start anymore

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM, pixbuf <slu ccsr uchicago edu> wrote:
> I deleted everything under ~/.config/banshee-1 and ~/.gconf/, except it
> won't let me delete banshee-db.journal, saying the text file is in use.

That's odd, it's impossible on Linux to prevent a file from being
deleted (short of removing write access to it).  Still, use 'ps ax |
grep -i banshee' and see if there's a rogue Banshee process running
and kill it.

> I would like to just blank out the database and start over, but I don't know
> where to find it (or if it's safe). Any suggestions?

If you deleted everything in ~/.config/banshee-1 then you already
deleted the database.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com