[Banshee-List] Fwd: Using Radio Feature

Forwarding to list. Sorry, I'm away for the weekend, and wouldn't be
able to help with the Suse part anyhow. :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ksturmer tampabay rr com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:23:19 -0800
Subject: Re: Using Radio Feature
To: andrew andrewski net

andrew.conkling wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:11, Kenny1948 <ksturmer tampabay rr com> wrote:
>
>> I cannot figure out how to use the "Radio" feature on Banshee. I have
>> added
>> at least five links to online radio stations, but nothing happens when I
>> click on the. Likewise I cannot add these files to the playlist as they
>> do
>> not play there either.
>

> What stations? Which version of Banshee? Could you post the output of
> `banshee-1 --debug`? Also, you can't add them to a playlist since they're
> streaming files.
>

>> So far my experience with Banshee is not a good one. I do not use a Ipod
>> nor
>> do I ever plan on using one, so do not give a hoot whether it plays
>> Itunes.
>> I simply want it to play music files, which for some odd reason it
>> refuses
>> to.
>

> Have you tried any local files? Or Last.fm stations? Banshee certainly
> does
> a lot more than play around with iPods; I too don't have one.
>

>> Would be nice if there was a "user guide"
>

> http://banshee-project.org/support/guide/ :)
>
> --
> Andrew Conkling
> http://andrewski.net

Quoted from:
http://www.nabble.com/Using-Radio-Feature-tp22102571p22104449.html

OK. I have no idea what version of Banshee I have. Right clicking
gives me nothing, nor does looking under tools.It is simply the one
that came with the Gnome desktop of SUSE 11.1 I think perhaps it did
not install properly. Right now, it does nothing at all. So I am
uninstalling it.

I have discovered that Totem Player plays all of my files, just fine.
It also plays the radio links, that Banshee did nothing with.  I am
sorry if I offend anyone because I cannot get it to work, and
therefore think it's a piece of junk. Perhaps with the right user, it
works just wonderfully. For me it simply did not.

I tried the "add media" option, it did nothing.  I used the "open
source' option NADA.  Like I said, it simply did not work. Then when I
tried it, so I could answer your questions. It froze completely and
was unresponsive. I had to force it to close.

I am always open to trying new things.  I give them a chance, but if
they don't work I switch to something else. Simple, trial and error
method.

If there was a better user manual, perhaps I could figure it out. If
you go to the link you provided there isn't much. Sorry!

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net