Re: [Banshee-List] able to stop using UI

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Fredrik Wendt <fredrik wendt se> wrote:
> Alternative solutions:
> a) Issuing banshee --stop from command line
> b) Add a "Stop playback" option to the Playback menu (or a stop button,
> perhaps disabled by default - recompiling is fine by me if it's just a
> switch)
> c) Add a bluetooth monitor daemon that executes banshee --stop whenever the
> signal rate to my headset is below some threshold level

d) File a bug with gstreamer -- IMHO, dealing with a flaky bluetooth
connection should be handled over there so Banshee doesn't need to
know about it.  Ideally it would attempt to re-establish a connection
to the headset if it's down, possibly posting messages on the bus so
that Banshee can tell you this is happening.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com