[Banshee-List] File size issue with iPod

I have a bunch of FLAC songs in my music library that I'm trying to sync
to an iPod shuffle.  They are correctly converted to MP3, as per the
iPod "Device Properties", and the converted files appear correctly in
the iPod's file system, with reasonable files sizes (generally 3-8 MB).
 However, the syncing process stops prematurely when the iPod gets
"full", and looking at the iPod's Music tab in the left sidebar and
adding a "File Size" column to the list of songs reveals that Banshee
believes that the songs have their original FLAC file sizes (generally
20-35 MB).  The iPod capacity graphic is all blue, indicating a full
iPod, and Banshee refuses to add additional songs to it.  However, a
"df" at the command line indicates that it is only 25% full.

Any suggestions?

Todd Wilson