Re: [Banshee-List] Tracks sitting at 0:00, codecs installed, happening randomly.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 04:01, Milk Rulz <milk_rulz hotmail com> wrote:
Well when I open up banshee I try to play a song and it just sits at 0:00
then about half an hour later or so it will start working again. All the
codecs are installed for MP3 files and M4A files but it just always does
this. Does anybody know of any solutions? also.

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 with a Realtek High Definition Audio sound card.

Which version of Banshee? If 1.2.1, could you try the 1.4.2 branch available in the PPA? More info here: https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa

Also, what are you trying to play and where are the files physically located? Locally, on removable media, over the network, Last.fm, Radio, etc.?

Cheers,
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net