[Banshee-List] iPod sync, iTunes version, database?

I'm new to Banshee and iPods on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04). Can someone catch me up
on what the deal is with iTunes and iPods on Banshee. I've been syncing my
iPod with the latest version on iTunes on a machine running OSX. Banshee
tells me that my song database on my iPod was used with a version on iTunes
that is too new. I've read that Apple started to lock its database, is this
somehow involved? Should I be expecting a Banshee update that is compatible
with me iPod any time soon? I'm still using my Mac plenty, so ideally I
would be able to move music on my iPod back and forth between the two
operating systems. Thanks for the advice.