Re: [Banshee-List] Making move operation saver
- From: "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte gmail com>
- To: banshee-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] Making move operation saver
- Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:50:35 -0500
Hey LCID Fire:
1) Open a bug for this, I think it's a general policy for every request
for change in the codebase.
2) Less importantly, try not to do thread hijacking next time :) (create
a new message with new subject instead of replying an old one and
overwriting the subject, because in some mail readers your message
appears as a son of the thread hijacked, instead of in a new thread.)
LCID Fire wrote:
> I looked at the "MoveOnInfoSaveJob" today and got quite worried about
> the race conditions that seem to exist in the current implementation.
> Attached is a patch that first copies the file and after everything is
> saved successfully deletes the old one.
> In general looking at the other jobs, it seems like Banshee solely
> relies on sqlite's consistency but too less on it's own. IMO some parts
> of the code would need to be changed into a more transactional approach.
] [Thread Prev