Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.5.0 in OpenSuse 11.2 will not play anything

Steve_45 wrote:

> I did a fresh install of openSuse 11.2 in November.
> Banshee worked in OS 11.1.
> Now it is broken.
>
> UI displays existing song files but has a nice big X in front of most
> files in the play list.
> If I click on a file that does not have an X, it places one there.
> The message in the lower right box is   "Waiting for playback to begin..."
> It never does.
>
> I have yet to find an answer to this problem on any forum or bugzilla.

I should have noted that after downloading the mp3 codec from fluento, Suse
cannot install it because "there are no instructions for installation".
Also, Banshee was able to play an .avi file from/through Nautilus.
Replaying the same file caused Banshee to lock up my entire system for a
minute or two.
During playback of the .avi file, the "Waiting for playback to begin..."
message displayed.
Can anyone help with this problem?