[Banshee-List] Banshee 1.5.0 in OpenSuse 11.2 will not play anything

I did a fresh install of openSuse 11.2 in November.
Banshee worked in OS 11.1.
Now it is broken.

UI displays existing song files but has a nice big X in front of most files
in the play list.
If I click on a file that does not have an X, it places one there.
The message in the lower right box is   "Waiting for playback to begin..."
It never does.

I have yet to find an answer to this problem on any forum or bugzilla.