[no subject]

The user can quickly see all of the main ways how to get media into Banshee=
.

Clicking on one of the buttons leads to the next step in the import
process where we refine the users selection.

"Import from this computer" leads to the next set of buttons: "Let me
select the folder with my music/videos" , Import videos from my
Pictures/Photos folder", "Import media from my Home folder". We either
open the FileChooser or do what is written on the button (look in
Photos for videos etc).

"Import from your local network" leads to a list of DAAP shares (What
else is possible? Perhaps mounted network folders?).=A0=A0The user clicks
each one (s)he wants to import and clicks the "Start importing" button
in the lower right. This closes the dialog and starts importing while
showing the progress in Banshee's job queue (the thingy in the lower
left when downloading or importing).

"Import from other media player" lead to a list of players Banshee
detected.=A0=A0The user clicks each one (s)he wants to import and clicks
the "Start importing" button in the lower right. This closes the
dialog and starts importing while showing the progress in Banshee's
job queue.

Should we reset to the first screen to allow the user to select
another source or simply close the dialog after the user has selected
the import source?

In the list view for DAAP shares and other media players how should we
give feedback to the user that the DAAP-share/media player is selected
for importing? I'm against=A0check boxes.
Perhaps two buttons next to each DAAP-share/media player labeled
"Import" and "Don't import" (the "Don't import" should be greyed until
the user selectes that particular source).

Everything should be inline (I think that's the word in=A0English;
change the content of the window rather then open new ones) where
possible since we don't want to pester the user with a gazillion open
windows.
If there is any interest for this I could create more mockups (at
great personal expense since I suck at GIMP).
Cheers.

[1] =A0http://imgur.com/7ajz3