Re: [Banshee-List] proposal to adopt the GNOME release schedule

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Bertrand Lorentz
<bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
> If we do choose to go down this road, I propose that we take the time to
> re-evaluate this decision after the 1.6 release, hoping this will only
> lead us to congratulate ourselves for doing the right thing ;)

That sounds very sensible to me.

> I'm including an updated schedule below, without the unstable release on
> the 12-16 (it's a stable GNOME release). I think having only one week
> between two releases is not useful anyway. I don't know if it was
> intentional, but there's also one less beta release compared to GNOME
> (on 02-10). I guess we could add it back if necessary.

Thanks, it was an oversight.  I've updated the list once again, adding
the missing beta release, the 3rd stable release to the end, and
changing the beta/rc version numbers to match up with the GNOME
version numbers:

Date   Banshee     GNOME schedule
11-18  1.5.2       unstable release
12-02  1.5.3       unstable release
12-23  1.5.4       unstable release
01-11              announce string/UI changes
01-13  1.5.5       unstable release
01-18              API freeze
01-25              feature freeze
01-27  1.5.6       unstable release