Re: [Banshee-List] Genres?

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 09:53 -0400, Larry wrote:

> You know, the more exposure I get to the Linux community, the madder I
> get at myself for taking so long to leave Windows.

Glad you are having fun.  Don't get too happy though.  Linux (especially
the desktop) has it's fair share of warts and problems.  It's to a point
sometimes that it makes me wonder I keep using it.

But even if the problems are as bad as Windows (some days it seems so,
others not so much), it is still not a black block that leaves me
helpless should I care to roll up my sleeves and dig in.

Being "bug-free and wonderful" is not Linux/Gnome and generally all of
FOSS's main attraction.  It's the F in FOSS that is it's main
attraction.  And to be clear, the F is as in speech, not beer.

It's nice when the price (and lack of buginess?) brings people to Linux
but it's even nicer when they discover the real "free" that comes with
FOSS.

b.