[Banshee-List] Genres?

Hi,

I'm an ex-Windows (boo!) guy who has switched over to Ubuntu Linux (yeah!). I got sick of booting into Windows just to use iTunes, so after reading quite a bit about Songbird vs. Banshee I decided to try out the latter. I'm using it right now to re-transfer all of my music files onto a (wiped clean) iPod.

Here is my question: while never a big fan of iTunes, I did like its "Genre" support. I have read the FAQs and spent a pretty good chunk of time trying to find out if Banshee supports this feature. I saw one post where it seemed you could show the "Genre" of a track by enabling a column, and will try that once my iPod has finished synching.

From what I gather, more "Genre" support is forthcoming, but I'm not really sure what and when. I have the latest stable version (1.4.3) and don't see it in this version. Is it in 1.5 (which is in beta)?

Regarding the "Genre" support, there are three things I'd like to be able to do. Maybe someone can tell me if I am just being a dunderhead and can already do them:

1) Add my own genres.

2) Change the given genre for a tune or CD.

3) Specify genres for synching. For example, I have two iPods: one contains all Blues and the other one contains the rest of my music. iTunes let me specify genres that are to be synched to specific iPods. That way when I plug in iPod #1 it automatically synchs all of my Blues (and only Blues). And when I plug in iPod #2 it automatically synchs all of my non-Blues songs. I'd love to be able to continue this process with Banshee.

Thanks for any help on this issue,
Larry